The hiking world of the Hohe Tauern National Park
Experience the mountains with all your senses!
Take the sunny valley trails from Fusch am Großglockner into the dreamy hiking area of the Hohe Tauern National Park. Follow numerous trails with panoramic views from hut to hut and lodge to lodge, which become narrower and narrower the closer you get to the numerous 3,000 m high peaks this mountain climbing region has to offer. The hiking paradise of the Hohe Tauern has something for every type of hiker: leisure and themed hiking trails and hiking up to huts for families and more demanding mountain routes in the Glockner region, some of which are suitable for more experienced alpine hikers. Mountaineers will be rewarded with some sensational views and, of course, a hearty snack in the cosy, rustic lodges.
The Chalet Großglockner is a perfect starting point for your hikes and mountain tours, and guarantee a fairy tale hiking holiday in Fusch am Großglockner. We can recommend the following popular hiking routes:
- Hiking in the Käfertal - ideal for families as the routes are suitable for buggies
- Imbachhorn (2,470 m) - Start at the Kitzsteinhornbahn valley station
- Kreuzköpfl (2,094 m) – Mountain tour in the Goldberg mountains
- Gleiwitzer Hütte hut (2,176 m) – A base for further tours in the region
- Wasserfallweg – a very special experience for kids and parents alike!